Lafarge Cement UK
A Case Study in Engagement
This was an on-going piece of work with Lafarge Cement UK that ran from 2003 to 2013. Working with managers who were seen as future potential senior leaders, The Programme, was called "Developing Leaders for Tomorrow" and had three core objectives:
- To provide participants with information that enabled them to build Personal Development Plans for future success in their current role.
- To provide professional guidance that would help participants to make decisions about their future career direction and prepare for these opportunities when they arose.
- To provide information that would help with future Organisational resourcing decisions, as the business developed and changed.
The Programme capitalised on all of Wadenhoe Consultancy's expertise in:
- Defining current and future leadership priorities.
- Clarifying role profiles.
- Designing and running assessment/development centres.
- Devising personal and business development plans.
- Supporting career development strategies for individuals and the organisation.
The whole process involved 12 programmes and 100 managers. Here are some quotes from the Resourcing and Development Manager and a selection of participants:
"We have worked in partnership with The Wadenhoe Consultancy since 2003 on the design and delivery of an integrated development programme to identify and develop senior management talent in our business. I rate them highly and have recommended them to other organisations".
"An excellent approach, which started from where I'm at"
"The whole process has been excellent in helping me to identify clear personal development actions for my current job and future career"
"Very well designed process - particularly the case studies and role plays"
"This has been different from any other development programme I have experienced"
"It's good to get away from the idea that learning and development is about going on courses"