European Credit Management
A Case Study About Transition Into Leadership Roles
ECM had grown very fast over a seven-year period and needed a programme for finance specialists who had made the transition into leadership roles.
The focus was on behaviours associated with personal effectiveness in a range of one-to-one and group situations.
- Meetings with senior management team to learn more about the business, its strategic ambitions and their expectations of the programme.
- One-to-One meetings with participants to review personal objectives, priorities, challenges and programme expectations.
- Run tailored workshops that started with feedback on personal management/leadership styles from a range of exercises and questionnaires.
- Prepare Personal Development Plans drafted at the end of each workshop and completed with line managers afterwards
- Tailored follow-up support, including learning sets and one-to-one coaching.
Here are a selection of quotes from participants and Departmental Heads, who also attended the workshops:
"At the start of the personal development process with Wadenhoe Consultancy, I identified five key management challenges in my role, all of which have now been addressed in full"
"Consultant response to questions during the workshop was excellent ...all were approachable and helpful. I found the 1:1 sessions particularly valuable in developing my management skills".
"Excellent style and delivery from all consultants"
"A key strength of the programme is that workshops were company specific".
"Very good style and delivery. There was at all times a link back to ECM... all content could be applied to my work".